Thursday, April 1, 2010

The proposal

My future husband (FH) is building a new home. He had the plans approved long before we met but started construction in January of this year. On the fourth Saturday in March he told me he was planning on making me dinner and serving it on the 2nd story deck of the house. The house has only been framed but the stairs are in place and the deck leading out from the Master Bedroom is stable. Having an overly analytical mind, I thought this would be the perfect setting for a proposal but I didn't want to get my hopes up, so I showed up to the dinner with the mindset that it was going to be a romantic evening no matter what.

He had set up a small table on the deck with a white table cloth, candles, wine glasses, plates, utensils, etc. For dinner we had salmon, pasta, and salad. He had my favorite bottle of Chardonnay - Rombauer. I can't remember what we had for dessert. All along, I kept wondering "Is it going to happen now" "is the ring in the wine glass?" No. "Is the ring in the dessert?" No. Finally after a yummy dinner and dessert and a full bottle of wine, he said he wished we had more wine... And then we chatted some more. And he took my hand in his. And told me how happy he was. And he asked me to marry him. I knew it was coming but I think I was a little in disbelief. My FH is quite the funny guy and he has joked before about us getting married... Perhaps I was nervous but I said "are you serious?" Oh gee, not the answer he was looking for, I'm sure... But he said yes, of course I'm serious. And I said yes, I will marry you.....    

And then he gave me the most beautiful and thoughtful diamond ring. I love it so much. We had actually talked about the ring; the shape, the size, the setting. He had the ring set in a temporary setting so I could pick something out that I really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment